Calendars & Grade Transcripts
Calendar Sales are Due March 1!!!
You will pay a $60 fine if not received by March 1!
If not received by April 1 you will be ineligible to enter rodeos this spring!
Reminder to get your Grade Transcripts to Brandi, as well as your Calendar sales!
CENTRAL ENTRY SECRETARY
Contact Jayme in regards to entries, rodeo results,
standings, turn outs, med. releases, etc.
New Rule info
NEW NATIONAL RULE TO GO INTO EFFECT IMMEDIATELY NO JERK DOWN
In the tie-down and Ribbon Roping events, a contestant will receive a no-time for that run if he brings the animal over backwards(between 10 and 2 on a standard clock) with the animal landing on his back or head with all four feet in the air.
Parents & Contestants:
In the event that you are sending your contestant to the rodeo alone or with a friend, you need to be aware of the following consequences if your contestant is hurt. According to Nebraska Laws, if the ambulance is called upon to render aide to an injured contestant, the contestant CAN NOT refuse transport. They will, however, be treated under Implied Consent, then transported. Only a parent or LEGAL guardian can refuse transport, unless the contestant is an emancipated minor. The people that you send your son/daughter with, also, can not refuse care/transport once it has been initiated. So the bottom line is, if your contestant son/daughter is injured, and the ambulance is called, they will go to the hospital, unless YOU are there to sign a refusal.
As a proud sponsor and the official sunglass of NHSRA, BEX has agreed to offer a one-time discount to all NHSRA members. To redeem your discount, simply shop www.bexsunglasses.com and add as much BEX product to your shopping cart as you would like. At checkout, use your MEMBERSHIP NUMBER as a coupon code to receive $50 off any purchase of $100 or more. What a great way to get an awesome discount on BEX Sunglasses, Caps, Outerwear and accessories! (NOTE- You will need your "National" back number, please contact Brandi, Tina or Tricia to acquire this number to finalize your purchase)
Turn Out Info
- You may only DRAW OUT of a rodeo before positions are drawn. The date of position draws is included in the rodeo information. Any draw outs after this date is considered a TURN OUT. You must contact Tina Kessler, Central Entry Secretary, to DRAW OUT, TURN OUT, MEDICAL OR VET RELEASE out of EACH rodeo. If you draw out before positions are drawn, entry fees will be refunded.
- If you are TURNING OUT of a rodeo after positions are drawn, a $17.00 turn out fine/per event will be assessed, except in the team roping. See Team Roping rules.
- If you are TURNING OUT because of a medical or vet release, the Central Entry/Points Secretary and Rodeo Secretary must be notified 24 hours in advance of the start time of the rodeo. If notification is done 24 hours in advance, entry fees will be refunded and the $17.00 turnout fine will not be imposed. If the notification is after the 24 hour deadline and before 5 days after the turnout, the contestant does not get their fees back. After 5 days have passed and a medical or vet release has not been obtained by the Central Entry/Points Secretary, a $17.00 fine will be assessed
- A contestant may turn out due to a visible injury or illness that occurred the day of the rodeo, provided the judge has ruled this to be the situation. A judge’s visual release is only good for that day’s rodeo. The turn out fine of $17.00 will be waived in this situation, however, the entry fees will not be returned.
- All medical or vet releases must be emailed (email@example.com), or mailed (Jayme From, 89702 Sandhills Lane, Crookston, NE 69212), within 5 days of the turnout. Anything received after that date, will be considered a turn out and a $15.00 fine will be imposed. All medical or vet releases must be on a doctor/veterinarian letterhead and signed. Once a contestant competes in the event they released, the release is void.
- Notification of fines will be sent to the following week’s Rodeo Secretaries, so the fines will have to be paid before competing at the next rodeo. Fines may mailed to Jayme From, 89702 Sandhills Lane, Crookston, NE 69212 or paid to the Rodeo Secretary. Please be sure you obtain a receipt if paying at the rodeo. This is your responsibility, not the Rodeo Secretary.
- Once a contestant releases on a medical or visual release, in order to compete again, a doctor must give a release to compete again. This is in the National Rulebook. If you can not compete at the rodeos following the first one you released from, contact the Central Entry Secretary and Rodeo Secretaries ASAP so they do not order stock for you.
ATTENTION BREAKAWAY ROPERS!!!
At all rodeos, breakaway string is provided by the student director, via III. Event Rules #5. String will be provided and will be inspected by designated official before each contestant competes. PLEASE be sure to use the string provided at the rodeos, it will be hanging around the chute box area, and be sure it is tied securely to your saddle horn. THANK YOU!